You are here: Home Page
Originally a fortress, called "Horejsi" with the only preserved original part of a Gothic basement. In the 60s of the 16th century a three-wing two-storey building in Renaissance style was built on this site and reconstructed between 1738 and 1740 by K.I.Dientzenhofer to its present baroque form by completely lowering it to a ground floor. In the west wing, there is a chateau Chapel of St. Lawrence with a fresco painting by J. K. Kolar, used for organizing mass and wedding ceremonies. The chateau has been reconstructed and it is the seat of Chateau City Gallery, Sladecek homeland museum in Kladno and a branch of the City Library Kladno.
Built in 1897-1898. Designed in New Renaissance style by Jan Vejrych and decorated with a sculpture of a knight by Antonin Popp. The front facade of the building was decorated by Adolf Liebscher; also the ceremonial hall, sculptured by a triptych representing an allegory of mining and metallurgy, belongs to the same author. At the present time the town hall is the seat of Kladno authorities and Kladno Municipal Office.
UOriginally a Gothic church built in the 50s of the 14th century. After several reconstructions, a three-nave pseudo-Romanesque basilica including a tower was built according to the design of Ludvik Labler in 1897-1899. The new church was ceremoniously dedicated on June 6, 1900.
The first evidence dates back from the year 1352; in 1588, a new vicarage was built by Ctibor Tiburci. Today's appearance of the building with a mansard roof arose from a conversion of the original vicarage and the adjacent school in 1804-1807, followed by its adaptation in 1885. After the construction of the Kladno Church of the Assumption of the Virgin Mary in 1900, the vicarage was promoted a deanery and , in 1937, an archdeanery.
Almost 10 metres high late-baroque sculpture of the sculptor J. Hiernl designed by K.H. Dientzenhofer in 1739-1741 under the sponsorship of the Brevnov abbot Benno Lobl. That is where a stone pillory was originally placed.
Both a fountain and the statue of St. Jan Nepomucky were built at the main Kladno square in 1706 as one of the evidence of Nepomuk´s respect before his official canonization. During the life of the Benedictin abbot Benno Löbl the fountain was transferred first to the Royal street (at present T. G. Masaryk Street) and after on the corner of Podebrad Street. On Master Jan Hus Eve, on 5th July 1919 a crowd pulled the statue down and broke it. Its relics lay in the deanery garden till 1968. Then on the initiative of the Velká Dobrá inhabitants the statue was restored and placed at Dobry Chapel. According to this original, the Kladno city hall created a copy (designs according to sculptors Zdenek Manina, Vojtech Malanik and an architect Petr Sulc) that is decorating a new fountain at present. The fountain with the statue was consecrated on 15th May 2003.
Originally a hospital for poor feudal servants, founded in 1610. Built in baroque style according to the unique design of K.I. Dientzenhofer. Its ground-plan is in a shape of a circle with an inscribed square inside. There is a cross in the ground-plan centre, inclosed by octagonal space under the cupola. The cupola is 8.9m in diameter and is vaulted 16.2m high.
The foundation stone was laid in 1751; however the building was not finished and dedicated until 1872.
Its construction began in 1861 near St. Florian's Chapel. The Unhost building contractor Josef Langer built a school with ten classrooms, which was extended in 1874-1877. Morever, the foundation stone of another school was laid in 1871 on the other side of the Florian's Chapel. Nowadays a residence of the university in the old building and a high school in the younger one.
Founded in 1884, rebuilt in New Renaissance style by Vaclav Krotky in 1891, decorated with rich sgraffito decoration painted by J. Bosacek and designed by Mikolas Ales.
Built on the site of the original oldest one-storey town hall of a square ground-plan. The Kladno councilmen sessions had taken place there until 1877. After that, it became the Civic Loan Office property, underwent a series of repairs and adaptation such as the one in 1887 during which another storey and a clock tower were added. The present appearance of the building comes from the later period of around 1910.
A New Renaissance style building dating from 1884, built by a Prague contractor E. Brandt on the site of an older Jewish house. The object is of a rectangular ground-plan with a segmentally protruding chevet. The west facade is decorated by black marble plates with the golden inscription of the Ten Commandments on them. In the interior, there is a copy of Bilek's The Crucified, the original of which can be found in St. Vitus' Cathedral in Prague. At the present time it is the seat of the Hus Charge of the Czechoslovak Hussite Church.
The house resulted from the joining together and reconstruction of three buildings in 1907.The core of the complex is the former Cesky Dvur hotel, built in 1898. The Worker's House used to serve as the seat of the Social Democratic Party since 1907; in 1989 it was returned to Social Democrats again.
A building, incorporating neo-Romanesque elements and built in 1900 according to the plans of V. Krotky. It served originally as a lodging house for professors. Today the seat of a law office.
A decorative style building from 1903-1905, constructed according to the plans of A. Dryak. Its chapel was used to inprison women and children, prior to their transportation to concentration camps from the Lidice municipality that was burned down by the Nazis. Still serves as a grammar school.
A work of Emil Hrabe, decorated according to the design of the architect J. Rossler, was built in 1911-1912 in the late 19th century decorative style and influenced by the principles of so-called neo-Modernism of the architect Kotera. The ceremonious opening was held in May 1912, performing a play by H. Uden - a pen-name of Kladno mayor J. Hruska, M.D. Still the seat of the first Kladno and Central-Bohemian drama scene.
A late 19th century decorative style building from 1909-1911, built according to the plans of the architects Josef Marik and Karel Sidlik and incorporating the elements of Czech neo-Modernism. The seat of the Central Bohemian Scientific Library since 1954.
Poldi guest house (Poldihaus) is a simple, elegant and stylish building with functional and homogenous inner furnishings. Built in 1903 by the noted Vienna architect Josef Hoffman, the house had highly surpassed contemporary architecture. It is listed among the most valuable Kladno monuments.
The complex consists of three houses where the corner one was built in 1893-94 for the purposes of the District Marshall Office. This new building smoothly joined that time already finished gendarme barracks. Today, among others, the seat of the Job-Centre.
Originally a private villa built in 1850-54 in the spirit of English neo-Romanticism. At the turn of the 50s and 60s of the 19th century the object was purchased by the Vojtech Ironworks and known as "Pansky dvur" then. Since 1975 it serves as the POLDI Museum.
Single-nave church dating from 1925-27, portal figuration by L. Vocelka.
Originally a Gothic building mentioned first in 1352, modified in 1526 and rebuilt in its present form in 1861, with a neo-Gothic belfry. A simple building comprises a medieval presbytery. It was located not very far from the perished village of Ujezdec. Nowadays, the church is a destination of regularly organized St.John's pilgrimages.
Originally a Romanesque rotunda from the beginning of the 13th century, around 1400 rebuilt in the Gothic style. Last significant enlargement adding the west wing was performed in 1858. The baroque church furnishings of a high artistic value is presently saved in a depository.